Here we have our hand crafted rustic wooden table tops, made with 100% reclaimed wood in our Southampton workshop.
| PRODUCT DETAILS |
– Made with narrower strips (normally 10cm wide) of reclaimed scaffold boards (pine) to reduce curves before we join them
– We epoxy fill the splits, cuts, holes and dinks so that when you wipe a cloth over the surface it doesn’t snag
– The epoxy is clear so whilst the splits and dinks are smooth to the touch, you are still able to see the rustic features
– Choose your preferred size
– The thickness of the wood is circa 35mm
– Finish: Osmo Oil in Raw, Honey or Terra finishes
– If you choose a grommet, we will fit a brushed nickel grommet (80mm wide), set in the middle of the desk and inset by 50mm from the edge
– If you are looking for a table top with legs, do have a look at our rustic table range
– Your table top will come with transport braces if being couriered
n.b. Depending on the legs you want to attach to the top, solid wooden braces may need to be added to your order. We recommend getting in touch and sharing a link/photo to the legs you want to attach to the top so we can advise. Alternatively, do have a look at our rustic table range for options with legs.
Alternative sizes, styles and leg options are available. Do drop us a message for a custom quote.
We pride ourselves on producing the highest quality products for our customers from the choice of timber through to the finishes applied.
| Oil Finish |
The finish on the wood is Osmo Polyx Oil, available in 3 tints: Raw, Honey or Terra (or you can choose to leave as sanded only).
After years of testing different finishes, we have found the Osmo oil provides a superior finish that enhances the grain and rustic characteristics of the wood. The oil absorbs beautifully into the wood, protecting it from the inside, whilst forming a protective, antistatic, microporous surface. It does not crack, flake, or peel and has great liquid resistance.
| Recycled Wood |
We use 100% reclaimed timber and as such has various saw cuts, dents, makers branding and notches within them which add to their rustic character.
| Attaching Legs |
It is important that legs are affixed correctly with the right fixings and in some instances, with braces. The wood needs to ‘breathe’ as temperature changes and without the right fixings, this could damage the work top. Please do get in touch if you have any questions.
| Delivery |
– Delivery takes 1-2 days from point of dispatch.
– We use Parcelforce to deliver your items and you will receive a tracking number in order to monitor its progress.
| ABOUT US |
At the Project, we have three core aims:
1) Social: To support people trying to get back into work
2) Environmental: To recycle waste wood in environmentally friendly ways, including making beautiful items for the home and garden
3) Economical: To provide affordable wood to the local community
Please do get in contact if you would like further information about the table or other items from our store.