Here we have our hand-crafted Roydon rustic wooden bookcase, made with 100% reclaimed wood in our Southampton workshop. Choose from a range of different finishes to suit your décor from lighter raw oil for a Scandi look or a warm honey finish for a country cottage feel.
Many of the people who help create your product are volunteers, who are on the journey back into paid employment. We are a Social Enterprise that helps people in this way, whilst also saving wood from going to waste.
| PRODUCT DETAILS |
– Each come with 2 internal shelves
– Each internal shelf is slightly inset for its aesthetic qualities
– Each bookcase has feet that extend 3.5cm below the base of the lower shelf for stability
– Finish: Osmo Oil in Raw, Honey or Terra finishes
– This item is fully customisable so do drop us a message for a custom quote
| Oil Finish |
The finish on the wood is Osmo Polyx Oil, available in 3 tints: Raw, Honey or Terra (or you can choose to leave as sanded only).
After years of testing different finishes, we have found the Osmo oil provides a superior finish that enhances the grain and rustic characteristics of the wood. The oil absorbs beautifully into the wood, protecting it from the inside, whilst forming a protective, antistatic, microporous surface. It does not crack, flake, or peel and has great liquid resistance.
| Recycled Wood |
All shelves use 100% reclaimed timber and as such will have various saw cuts, dents, makers branding and notches within them which add to their rustic character. Whilst we try to get your shelves to look similar, they will not be an exact match. This is also true for the oiled finishes as some timbers will show up more marks after oiling than others. To maintain the rustic characterful aesthetic, it means the shelves will not be perfectly flat as that would mean sanding away all the lovely features. Therefore, we balance the aesthetic whilst trying to make them as flat as possible.
| Delivery |
– Delivery takes 1-2 days from point of dispatch
– We use Parcelforce to deliver your items and you will receive a tracking number in order to monitor its progress
| ABOUT US |
At the Project, we have three core aims:
1) Social: To support people trying to get back into work
2) Environmental: To recycle waste wood in environmentally friendly ways, including making beautiful items for the home and garden
3) Economical: To provide affordable wood to the local community