Here we have our hand crafted bench, made with genuine reclaimed scaffold boards and with a choice of industrial legs.
| PRODUCT DETAILS |
– Depth: 35cm
– Thickness: 3.5cm
– Height: 44cm with industrial legs
– Width: 60cm – 110cm
– Bench Top Style : Choose from Hamble (narrower boards with epoxy used to fill in any nooks/cracks) or Medina (wider boards with no epoxy)
– Finish: Osmo Oil in Raw, Honey or Terra finishes
– Leg options: X-Frame, V-Frame, Trapezium, Square or A-Frame legs in clear coat steel or black
Alternative sizes, depths and leg options are available. Do drop us a message for a custom quote.
We pride ourselves on producing the highest quality products for our customers from the choice of timber through to the finishes applied. Don’t take just our word for it – do have a look at our customer reviews!
| Oil Finish |
The finish on the wood is Osmo Polyx Oil, available in 3 tints: Raw, Honey or Terra (or you can choose to leave as sanded only).
After years of testing different finishes, we have found the Osmo oil provides a superior finish that enhances the grain and rustic characteristics of the wood. The oil absorbs beautifully into the wood, protecting it from the inside, whilst forming a protective, antistatic, microporous surface. It does not crack, flake, or peel and has great liquid resistance.
| Bench Styles |
– Made with narrower strips (normally 10cm wide) to reduce curves before we join them
– We epoxy fill the splits, cuts, holes and dinks so that when you wipe a cloth over the surface it doesn’t snag
– The epoxy is clear so whilst the splits and dinks are smooth to the touch, you are still able to see the rustic features
– To make this style of bench, we take a scaffold plank and cut a little off of each edge to glue it to the next, but keep the planks fairly wide
– No epoxy is added to any splits, cuts, holes & dinks on this version of the bench
| Recycled Wood |
We use 100% reclaimed timber and as such has various saw cuts, dents, makers branding and notches within them which add to their rustic character.
| Delivery |
– Delivery takes 1-2 days from point of dispatch.
– We use Parcelforce and TNT to deliver your items and you will receive a tracking number in order to monitor its progress.
– For ease of transport, the bench will be supplied flat packed with pilot holes already drilled in so that all you have to do is attach the hairpin legs / trapezium legs with the supplied screws.
| ABOUT US |
At the Project, we have three core aims:
1) Social: To support people trying to get back into work
2) Environmental: To recycle waste wood in environmentally friendly ways, including making beautiful items for the home and garden
3) Economical: To provide affordable wood to the local community
Please do get in contact if you would like further information about the bench or other items from our store.