Returns and Refund Policy
DEFINITION: Referring to: Cottingham Collection hardware (brackets), Hairpin Legs, pre-made wooden items such as tealight holders, shelves in the pre-made box and birdbox kits in addition to new scaffold boards and unopened tins of Osmo.
- If you decide your order isn’t suitable for any reason, you can return it or exchange it – just let us know within 30 days of having received it. For Osmo tins, these must be unopened. When returning an order please ensure products are appropriately packaged and protected, to prevent them from getting damaged.
- You can return a product up to 30 days from the date you purchased it.
- Any product you return must be in the same condition you received it. Please keep the receipt
This does not affect your statutory rights.
DEFINITION: Referring to any workshop order such as shelves, tables, bookcases etc
- Cancelled orders may be subject to payment for any work already completed at the point of cancellation
- Faulty/damaged items: In the unlikely event that any item is faulty, damaged or incorrect on receipt, notify us and we will repair/replace or refund at our discretion, within 6 months of the item being received.
- If we agree that the Goods are faulty, at our discretion we will:
- arrange for the collection of the goods;
- repair or replace the Goods as we choose.
- refund you for the Goods, including the outgoing P&P
- In returning faulty Goods please enclose with it a note clearly stating the fault, your name, contact details and when it arises or arose.
- If your item is not faulty or damaged we are not able to offer a refund or exchange as it’s a custom-made (made to order) item (please see further details of custom made items in the tables below). If you would like to discuss this further, please get in contact by emailing email@example.com. If it is agreed you can return the item upon further discussion, this can be returned at your own cost to: Southampton Wood Recycling Project, Unit Z, Willments Industrial Estate, Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7HS.
- Please enclose with it a note clearly stating your name and order number (if the latter is available)
- On receipt of the returned item(s), we will then refund the cost of the goods minus the outgoing P&P
- So far as possible, Goods should be returned:
- with both Goods and all packaging as far as possible in their original condition;securely wrapped;
- at your risk and cost.
- If we repair or replace the Goods, you have no additional claim against us either under this agreement or by statute or common law, in respect of the defect.
TIMBER & OBJECTS FROM THE YARD:
DEFINITION: Referring to any wood in the yard including reclaimed scaffold board, crates, cable drums etc, but excluding new scaffold boards
- We do not accept returns or refunds for any recycled timber bought from the yard unless it has not been removed from the yard and it has not been cut
- Free pallets can be collected but not returned if no longer needed
|PRE-MADE inc. NEW Scaffold Boards, Cottingham, Kits, etc||CUSTOM-MADE inc. TIMBER CUT FOR CUSTOMER||RECYCLED TIMBER inc ‘TIMBER OBJECTS’ FROM YARD|
|Refund Period||30 days from receiving the item, for any reason||Refunds not accepted unless faulty, damaged, or incorrect item received||Up until products leave the yard, or 30 days of purchase, whichever comes first|
|Uncollected orders||Items will be disposed of after 30 days||Items will be disposed of after 30 days||Items will be disposed of after 30 days|
|Standard outbound delivery charges refunded?||Yes, if item is returned within refund period.||No, unless item faulty, damaged or incorrect item received and we choose to refund the order||Yes, if cancelled before products leave the yard|
|Return delivery cost if customer cancels order||Customer must pay for return if already received.||Customer must pay for return if already received.||Customer may use our commercial wood waste collection service if already received.|
|Return delivery cost if faulty due to design or manufacture||Free collection within 180 days but only if we delivered it (i.e. if they collected it, they must bring it back to the store)||Free collection within 180 days but only if we delivered it (i.e. if the customer collected it, they must then bring it back to the store)||Customer may use our commercial wood waste collection service if already received.|
|Return delivery cost if delivered damaged||Free collection within 180 days but only if we delivered it (i.e. if they collected it, they must bring it back to the store)||Free collection within 180 days but only if we delivered it (i.e. if the customer collected it, they must bring it back to the store)||Free collection within 180 days but only if we delivered it (i.e. if they collected it, they must bring it back to the store)|
|Return delivery cost if incorrect item received||Free collection within 180 days but only if we delivered it (i.e. if the customer collected it, they must bring it back to the store)|
|PRE-MADE inc. NEW Scaffold Boards, Cottingham, Kits, etc||Bagged kindling, new scaffold boards, Cottingham Collection, Hairpin legs, birdbox/toolbox kits, Osmo, stackable planters, tealights, coasters, bookends, beer caddies, platters, pre-made shelves & mantelpieces in store|
|CUSTOM-MADE inc. TIMBER CUT FOR CUSTOMER||Cross-cutting & rip-cutting orders, workshop builds including (but not limited to) shelves, tables, worktops, bookcases, cupboards, mantlepieces, TV-stands, benches, record player stands, shoe racks, planters, dog crate toppers and any custom builds|
|RECYCLED TIMBER inc ‘TIMBER OBJECTS’ FROM YARD||Softwood, hardwood, pallet wood, reclaimed scaffold boards, crates, fence panels, Euro & UK standard pallets, sheet material, doors, bagged offcuts, bearers, cable drums|